How to Enter Grades
Before grades can be entered in the Grade book in D2L, a "Grade Item" must be created. (A grade item is similar to a grade column in a grade book.) If you need to create a "Grade Item," see the tutorial, "How to Create and Manage Grade Items" linked on the left.
NOTE: Beginning in December 2019, any grades entered in Grade Book for discussion grade items and assignment grade items are also synchronized back to Discussions and Assignments. This change ensures data consistency between Discussions and Grade Book, and Assignments and Grade Book.
To Enter Grades:
- Select "Assessment" > "Grades" on the navbar in your course in D2L.
- Select "Enter Grades" on the grades navbar.
- On the "Enter Grades" page, do one of the following:
- To manually enter grades for an individual user, click the user name.
- To manually enter grades for a grade item (column),
- select the down arrow to the right of the grade item,
- Select "Grade All."
- Enter the Grade(s).
- Enter Feedback (if desired).
- Select the blue "Save and Close" button.
The written tutorials and video simulations on the D2L Solutions site are developed and brought to you by the
Faculty Development and Innovation Center
phone 217-581-7051 :: email email@example.com :: web www.eiu.edu/fdic
Contact the FDIC for questions about the tutorials, to suggest topics for new tutorials, or to schedule a consultation appointment. The FDIC staff can recommend integration solutions using D2L and other instructional technologies for your online, hybrid, and face-to-face courses.
For Help with D2L
Call 217-581-HELP (4357), email firstname.lastname@example.org, or
contact the Instructional Support Specialist (ISS) for your department.