How to Track User Progress
The "Class Progress" tool tracks your learners' overall progress as a class and individually. You may want to use the "Class Progress" tool to do any of the following:
- Monitor progress for any or all users in your course
- Prepare progress reports
- View user profiles, email users, or instant message users
- Track when a user accesses the course and downloads course content
- Track a user's grades, access of content topics, participation in discussions, assignment submissions, quiz submissions, checklist completion, survey responses, and login history
- Set up "Intelligent Agents" for learners who are falling behind in a course
To Access "Class Progress":
- Select "Learner Management" > "Class Progress" from the top navbar in your D2L course.
An overview of "Class Progress":
1) You can filter class participants based on membership in groups or sections.
2) Use the Class Progress navbar to sort the order in which users appear in the chart. By default, the following performance indicators appear from left to right in the navbar: Content, Objectives, Logins, and Grades. A maximum of 4 performance indicators can display at any time on the Class Progress page.
Note the following:
- Login History indicates when the learner logged into Brightspace Learning Environment, not the course. However, if the Brightspace Data Platform is enabled, Course Logins displays in each learner's User Progress report, which reports on when they accessed the course.
- Absent period indicates the number of days since the learner last logged into Brightspace Learning Environment. For example, if "Oct 30, 3017 - absent period: 3" displays, the learner did not log in for 3 days, and an Oct 26 login displays below the Oct 30 login.
3) All course participants appear in the chart. Their name, username, and Org Defined ID display alongside their profile picture, if supplied. Their performance results for the listed indicators also display in the chart. Clicking on any area of this chart brings you to the individual user's User Progress page.
4) Adjust which performance indicators display by default using The settings icon Settings. You can also search for users in this area.
Watch an overview of the Class Progress page
The written tutorials and video simulations on the D2L Solutions site are developed and brought to you by the
Faculty Development and Innovation Center
phone 217-581-7051 :: email firstname.lastname@example.org :: web www.eiu.edu/fdic
Contact the FDIC for questions about the tutorials, to suggest topics for new tutorials, or to schedule a consultation appointment. The FDIC staff can recommend integration solutions using D2L and other instructional technologies for your online, hybrid, and face-to-face courses.
For Help with D2L
Call 217-581-HELP (4357), email email@example.com, or
contact the Instructional Support Specialist (ISS) for your department.