Navigating D2L Brightspace
The following common interface elements help you navigate the D2L Brightspace Learning Environment:
- Minibar - The minibar is always visible and helps you navigate the D2L Brightspace Learning Environment.
- My Home - Returns you to the EIU homepage in D2L Brightspace.
- Course Selector - Use the course selector to search and access your courses. For easy access, you can pin your courses to the top of the list.
- Messages - Notifies you about unread mail and instant messages from instructors and other learners.
- Updates - Notifies you about new and updated announcements, due dates and end dates, and grades.
- Subscriptions - Notifies you about new blog posts, subscribed discussion forums, topics, and threads.
- Username - Allows you to make changes to your user profile, notifications, account settings, and log out.
- Navbar - Provides links to course-specific tools, for example, Discussions, Assignments, and Quizzes.
- Course Homepage - Provides quick access to important information related to the course.
The written tutorials and video simulations on the D2L Solutions site are developed and brought to you by the
Faculty Development and Innovation Center
phone 217-581-7051 :: email email@example.com :: web www.eiu.edu/fdic
Contact the FDIC for questions about the tutorials, to suggest topics for new tutorials, or to schedule a consultation appointment. The FDIC staff can recommend integration solutions using D2L and other instructional technologies for your online, hybrid, and face-to-face courses.
For Help with D2L
Call 217-581-HELP (4357), email firstname.lastname@example.org, or
contact the Instructional Support Specialist (ISS) for your department.