How do I Add Content Files and Webpages
Course materials posted in Content Modules can include documents, images, media files, URL links, and existing course activities.
How To Add Content
- Log into D2L, select the course in which you want to add content, then, select "Content."
- On the left navigation on the content page, select the module to which you want to add content.
- Follow the tutorials below for the specific type of content you want to upload or link within your module.
How To Upload Files
Word, PDF, PowerPoint, HTML, and Image documents will all display directly within D2L. Other files can be uploaded to D2L but students would need to download the file and open with the appropriate software program. PowerPoint presentations with narration can be displayed in D2L, but the audio will not work. For PowerPoint presentations with narration, we recommend saving the presentation as an MP4 video file or using a multimedia program to create the narrated PowerPoint. Collaborate Ultra can also be used to create narrated PowerPoint video recordings. Contact your ISS for suggestions and assistance.
To add documents such as PDF or Word files to the modules in your course, complete the following:
- Within the content module, select "New" > "Upload Files"
- Select "My Computer."
- In the "Add a File" window, select "Upload" to browse and locate your file, or drag and drop your file into the box.
- After the file has been uploaded, select "Add."
- The filename used to name the file will be the title of the link you just created to the file within the module.
- To change the filename, select the down arrow to the right of the filename, then, select "Edit Properties In-place."
- Select the current filename to highlight it, type in the new name/title, then, select enter on the keyboard.
How To Create a New Web Page
- Within the module, select "New" > "Create a File"
- Enter a title for the page. (The title of the page will also be the title on the link within the module.)
- Enter the content for your page by either copying and pasting or typing the content in the main body of the html editor. Format the text if necessary using the formatting tools. Images can also be inserted.
- When finished, select "Publish."
How To Link to an Existing Web Page
To add links for other web pages or resources to the modules in your course, complete the following:
- Within the module, select "New" > "Create a Link"
- Insert the "Title" and the "URL" for the page to which you want to link.
- Select the check box if you want the page to "Open as External Resource." This will open the link in a separate tab in the browser.
- Then select "Create."
How To Add Content
Video Simulation (2:51)
The written tutorials and video simulations on the D2L Solutions site are developed and brought to you by the
Faculty Development and Innovation Center
phone 217-581-7051 :: email email@example.com :: web www.eiu.edu/fdic
Contact the FDIC for questions about the tutorials, to suggest topics for new tutorials, or to schedule a consultation appointment. The FDIC staff can recommend integration solutions using D2L and other instructional technologies for your online, hybrid, and face-to-face courses.
For Help with D2L
Call 217-581-HELP (4357), email firstname.lastname@example.org, or
contact the Instructional Support Specialist (ISS) for your department.