How to Notify Students of Updated Course Content
You can notify learners when updating or changing a topic in Content. Students receive an Update alert notification in their minibar; clicking the alert brings them to the updated topic.
To Notify Students of Updated Course Content:
- On the course navbar, click "Content".
- In the Table of Contents pane, click on the module that contains the HTML topic you want to update, then click on the topic.
- Do one of the following:
- To edit the contents of the topic, from the context menu of the topic, click Edit HTML. Make your changes.
- To replace the topic, from the context menu of the topic, click Change File. To upload a new file, click The upload iconUpload. Follow the prompts to add your new file.
- Select the "Notify students that the content has changed" check box.
- If you want to describe your update changes, enter a description in the "Add a summary of the changes" field.
- If you want learners to revisit the topic to complete the activity, select the "Reset completion tracking" check box.
- Click "Update."
The written tutorials and video simulations on the D2L Solutions site are developed and brought to you by the
Faculty Development and Innovation Center
phone 217-581-7051 :: email firstname.lastname@example.org :: web www.eiu.edu/fdic
Contact the FDIC for questions about the tutorials, to suggest topics for new tutorials, or to schedule a consultation appointment. The FDIC staff can recommend integration solutions using D2L and other instructional technologies for your online, hybrid, and face-to-face courses.
For Help with D2L
Call 217-581-HELP (4357), email email@example.com, or
contact the Instructional Support Specialist (ISS) for your department.