How to Embed Video from YouTube
Videos from YouTube can be embedded in webpages within a Content Module.
To Embed a Video from YouTube
- In the Content section of your course, select the module to which you want to add a video.
- Select "New" > "Create a File"
- Enter the title you want to appear as the title of the link within the module. Then, select the "Insert Stuff" button on the left of the formatting toolbar.
- Select "YouTube".
- Conduct a search to locate the video you want to insert.
- Select the video to highlight then select "Next".
- Select the "Insert" button.
- Recommended Practice: Add the word "Video" to the title followed by the length of time in parenthesis. (See image below.) The length of the video can be obtained from the bottom bar of the video screen when the video is played. This will allow the viewer to recognize the link as a video file and know exactly how long it will take to watch the video.
- Select the "Publish" button.
How To Embed Video from YouTube
Video Simulation (2:00)
The written tutorials and video simulations on the D2L Solutions site are developed and brought to you by the
Faculty Development and Innovation Center
phone 217-581-7051 :: email email@example.com :: web www.eiu.edu/fdic
Contact the FDIC for questions about the tutorials, to suggest topics for new tutorials, or to schedule a consultation appointment. The FDIC staff can recommend integration solutions using D2L and other instructional technologies for your online, hybrid, and face-to-face courses.
For Help with D2L
Call 217-581-HELP (4357), email firstname.lastname@example.org, or
contact the Instructional Support Specialist (ISS) for your department.