To be eligible to receive Title IV funds while attending Eastern Illinois University a student must meet the following eligibility requirements. The applicant must:
- be a U.S. Citizen, or eligible non-citizen,
- have registered with the Selective Service (if born male),
- For information on the Retention of Illinois Students & Equity Act, see Applying for State Aid
- be accepted and enrolled at least half-time at Eastern Illinois University,
- complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA),
- not be in default on any Title IV Aid, and
- maintain satisfactory academic progress.