When is aid disbursed?
The first disbursement for each semester occurs on Monday night after the semester begins. When your financial aid file is 100% complete, your aid will be disbursed to your student account. You can check the PAWS system to confirm that your aid has disbursed. If you have a refund, the Student Accounts Office is responsible for producing and distributing the refund checks. Refunds can be automatically deposited into your bank account. You may sign up for Electronic Fund Transfer (EFT) for account refunds at Student Accounts, Old Main Building.
How to check to see if your financial aid has disbursed
- Log into PAWS
- Click on "Student and Financial Aid"
- Click on "Financial Aid"
- Click on "Award"
- Click on "Award History"
- Disbursed amount will show in "Paid to Date" column
Some common reasons why your financial aid does not disburse
How am I billed?
Once a month, following the billing schedule below, the Student Accounts Office emails students reminding them to view their updated billing statement in their PAWS account. The updated billing statement will include anything billed to the student account that month, as well as any unpaid balance from prior months. This bill is due by the posted due date to avoid a 1% finance charge. Any unpaid balance on the first day of the following month will accrue a 1% finance charge. A balance must be paid in full by the end of the semester in order to continue on to the next semester.
Fall bill issued: August 1
Spring bill issued: December 1
Summer bill issued: May 1?
How do I pay my bill?
My financial aid did not pay my entire bill – what are my other options?
- Family Resources
- Local banks, churches, and other organizations
- Loan options
- Parent PLUS Loan / Additional Unsubsidized Loan
- Private Loan
- Contact Student Accounts
My financial aid has been applied to my student bill – how do I make a payment?
In Person: Cashier's Office - Old Main – Hours M-F 8 a.m.- 4 p.m.
By Mail: Cashier's Office
Eastern Illinois University
600 Lincoln Ave.
Charleston, IL, 61920
- Please make all checks payable to Eastern Illinois University.
- Sign in to PAWS
- Select the "Student" tab
- Select "Student Account"
- Select "Make a Payment"
- If you have a balance on your account, you will see the message "Your account has the following charges" with a description "General Payment" and the total due on your account.
- Select "General Payment", leave the amount as is or change it, add it to your shopping cart and then check out.
- Visa, MasterCard, Discover and American Express are accepted for payment via the web.
Past Due Balance: Payments can be made online at https://commerce.cashnet.com/eiupast