Award and Acceptance
EIU will use the information received from the FAFSA to determine your financial need and prepare your financial aid offer.
How will I be notified of my awards?
When the financial aid offer is available, you will receive an email via your eiu.edu account.
How do I respond?
- Log in to PAWS at https://www.eiu.edu/pawslogin/ using your EIU NetID and password.
- Once you login to PAWS, select the Financial Aid tab and click on Financial Aid Dashboard.
- On the Home tab, select the appropriate aid year in drop down at top right.
- Click View Questions at the right and answer the Title IV Disbursement Authorization.
- On the Award Offer tab you can accept or decline each award. Be sure to select a decision on each award.
- Click Modify to enter a specific federal loan dollar amount. *The amount stated in the box will be split between Fall and Spring semesters*
- The Terms and Conditions will appear once awards have been accepted. Review and agree to the terms in order to receive your financial aid.
When should I accept my awards?
Awards should be accepted by June 1, as offers with limited funding are cancelled after that date. Offers available after June 1 should be accepted within two weeks.