Award and Acceptance
EIU will use the information received from the FAFSA to determine your financial need and prepare your financial aid offer.
How will I be notified of my awards?
When the financial aid offer is available, you will receive an email via your eiu.edu account.
How do I respond?
- Log in to PAWS at http://www.eiu.edu/pawslogin/ using your EIU NetID and password.
- Select the "Financial Aid" tab, and click "Award"
- Click "Award for Aid Year"
- Select the applicable aid year.
- Select the "Resources/Additional Information" tab and follow the instructions to complete the Title IV Authorization requirement.
- Select the "Terms and Conditions" tab and follow the instructions provided before you are able to accept your awards.
- Select the "Accept Award Offer" tab and accept or decline each award. Be sure to select a decision on each award.
- Awards can be reviewed on the "Award Overview" tab. You can print a copy of your award letter from this tab by selecting the Print button located at the top of this page.
When should I accept my awards?
Awards should be accepted by June 1, as offers with limited funding are cancelled after that date. Offers available after June 1 should be accepted within two weeks.