Recent Searches

Loading Search Results...
Loading Directory Results...



Recent Pages

Recent Searches

EIU Office of the Registrar


Declaring a Major

Undergraduates who are advised in the Academic Advising Center(1110 McAfee Gym) must speak to their advisor about changing their major.

If an undergraduate student is presently a declared major in another department and wants to change that major, he/she must contact the appropriate Certifying Dean's Office for the new major.

If an undergraduate student would like to declare a second major or degree, he/she must contact their major Certifying Officer.

College of Education/B.A. in Interdisciplinary Studies - Dr. Laretta Henderson (
College of Health & Human Services - Janet Fopay (
College of Liberal Arts & Sciences - Angie Rhoads (
Lumpkin College of Business & Technology - Tiffany Swalls (

If you need to check which college the new major is in, click here for the majors by college.

Please note, that If you are currently enrolled in the IDS degree program, and want to switch majors, you must:

  • Send an email to the BA in Interdisciplinary Studies Degree Program,, stating that you are withdrawing from the program.

Declaring a Minor

Undergraduates who are advised in the Academic Advising Center (1110 McAfee Gym) will declare minors there.

All other undergraduates should see their Certifying Officer to add or drop a minor.

Related Pages

Contact Information

Office of the Registrar

600 Lincoln Avenue
1220 Old Main Charleston, IL 61920
(217) 581-3511
(217) 581-3831

Take the next step

apply now
schedule a visit