Recent Searches

Loading Search Results...
Loading Directory Results...



Recent Pages

Recent Searches

EIU Office of the Registrar

Faculty/Advisor FAQ

What will be the exam schedule in a future term?

Where can I find instructions on how to submit mid-term/final grades?

  • Mid-Term grade submission instructions can be found here.
  • Final grade submission instructions can be found here.

Why are the grade choices in the grade roster unusual?

Most courses use the Standard grading scheme of A, B, C, D, F with the course counting toward the students GPA and hours earned counting toward graduation. But sometimes a course does not count in GPA or toward graduation (for example a pre-college level math class taken in preparation for college level work.) A few other courses have special rules that allow the grade to count in GPA but not in hours toward graduation. In order to have Banner process these grades correctly, a different grading scheme is used with an X preceding the grade (XA, XB, etc) when the course does not count in GPA or hours, and an R preceding the grade (RA, RB, etc) when the course does count in GPA but not in hours. Those grades are what faculty will see in the drop down options for grades in the roster.

I forgot to submit my midterm grades. What should I do?

We do not have a mechanism for submitting midterm grades late because they are processed differently than final grades. Midterms never move to the transcript so to “capture” that information ITS runs the “midterm freeze” and freezes those grades to a table. The reports generated by the student success center are produced from the freeze tables. Since the freeze occurs at the close of the day grades are due we cannot change the data after the fact. The main thing is to communicate with your students so they know what their mid-term grade is and can plan accordingly.

I forgot to submit my final grades. What should I do?

If grades were not submitted by the deadline you should submit grade changes from the current “X” (indicating a missing grade) to the correct grade. To submit a grade change use the Grade Change link under the Faculty Services tab in PAWS.

Where can I find a list of the available Parts of Term for a semester?

Those can be found here.

I am unable to view course descriptions in the online catalog when using Google Chrome. What should I do?

You will need to clear the browser's cache.

  1. On your computer, open Chrome.
  2. At the top right, click More .
  3. Click More tools. Clear browsing data.
  4. At the top, choose a time range. To delete everything, select All time.
  5. Next to "Cookies and other site data" and "Cached images and files," check the boxes.
  6. Click Clear data.

How does an advisor send an e-mail to all of their advisees at once?

Use the existing advisee distribution list created for each advisor. Details here.

I am having trouble using the filter button on an administrative page. What should I do?

Try this. Click Tools/ Click About Banner/ Click the X on the left to close that/ Try filtering again. We can’t explain why it works, but we’ve found it does!

Related Pages

Contact Information

Office of the Registrar

600 Lincoln Avenue
1220 Old Main Charleston, IL 61920
(217) 581-3511
(217) 581-3831

Take the next step

apply now
schedule a visit