Transfer Information

Continuing Students

Eastern Illinois University students who take courses elsewhere should request that the other school send an official transcript to The Office of the Registrar, Eastern Illinois University, 600 Lincoln Ave., Charleston, IL 61920.  

Transfers from Illinois Community Colleges and Lincoln College

If you have completed the Illinois Articulation Initiative (IAI) General Education Core Curriculum (GECC), you will have completed EIU’s lower division general education requirements. Note: An Associate in Arts (A.A.) or an Associate in Science and Arts (A.S.A) complete the GECC.  An Associate in Science (A.S.) earned Fall 2016 or later does not necessarily complete the GECC.

All Other Transfers 

Transferable courses will count towards general education if they clearly match IAI course descriptions.

Transfer Coursework Specifics

Students transferring coursework in from other schools may now use MyCreditsTransfer/Transferology to determine how those courses will transfer to Eastern Illinois University. Instructions on how to use Transferology can be found here.

Information on transferring coursework may also be found through the iTransfer website.

For complete information on transfer credit at EIU, please see the catalog.

See also, Reverse Transfer