CHHS Curriculum Committee
The CHHS Curriculum Committee reviews all curriculum proposals and/or program changes proposed by the academic units of the college. All curricular proposals/changes must be in compliance with university academic rules and policies.
The committee is composed of faculty members from each academic unit and one student member. Faculty serve three-year terms except for the perpetual one-year term served by the Military Science representative. The student member serves a one-year term.
Links to CHHS-CC Information
AY 2023-2024 Membership
- Lynne Cameron (Vice Chair) - Communication Disorders and Sciences (2025)
- Richard Clapp - Nursing (1 year of a 3-year term for Nursing)
- CPT William Comstock - Military Science (1-year term)
- Brandon Foster - Student Representation (1-year term)
- Nikki Hillier - Public Health and Nutrition (2026)
- Andrew Kerins (Chair) - Kinesiology, Sport, and Recreation (2024)
- Kathleen O'Rourke - Human Services (2024)
- John Storsved, CHHS Dean
- Jill Bowers, CHHS Associate Dean
- Janet Fopay (recorder), CHHS Assistant to the Dean
All proposals submitted to the CHHS Curriculum Committee must follow the format approved by Council on Academic Affairs (CAA), Council on Graduate Studies (CGS) and/or Council on Teacher Education (COTE).
Agenda items should be sent to Janet Fopay (firstname.lastname@example.org) no less than seven business days prior to each meeting.
The committee meets once per month (September to April), and as needed. Meeting dates and times are determined on a semester-by-semester basis and announced to all academic units in the college at the start of each semester.
Fall 2023 Schedule
Dates: October 12, November 9, November 30
Time: 9:30 a.m.
Location: All meetings will be held in 1418 Khlem Hall; meetings may be accessed via Zoom.
Deadlines to submit items for meeting agendas:
- noon on October 3 for the October 12 agenda
- noon on October 31 for the November 9 agenda
- noon on November 21 for the November 30 agenda
Links to EIU Curriculum Councils and Information