Consultations are available for various reasons and topics. To request a consultation with one of the Education Coordinators, click here.
Common Reasons One-on-One Consultations are Scheduled
- To interview a professional for a classroom presentation, paper, or group project
- To receive technical assistance in implementing a health ed-related program
- To address health concerns regarding a loved one or a friend
- To learn how to best help a loved one or a friend
- To address concerns about one's own health
- To learn about on-campus and local resources
- To learn more about personal preventative methods (i.e. sexual health, alcohol, nutrition)
- To learn about internship and volunteer opportunities available through the HERC
Common Consultation Topics
- Nutritional Analysis: Speak with the Nutrition Education Coordinator about your current eating habits and receive feedback and additional information.
- Sexual Health: Speak with the Sexual Health Coordinator about current sexual health behaviors and discuss various preventative methods.
- Alcohol: Students can meet with the Alcohol Prevention, Intervention, & Recovery Specialist regarding alcohol behaviors.
- Marijuana: Students can meet with the Alcohol Prevention, Intervention, & Recovery Specialist regarding the use of marijuana.
- Leadership Opportunities: Students may meet with staff about possible involvement with the Health & Counseling Services opportunities.
Ways to Schedule a Consultation
- Complete the online request form.
- Call (217) 581-7786 and speak to our staff.
- Stop by the Health Education Resource Center located in Blair Hall on the 2nd floor Room 2201.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
All consultations are confidential and will not be disclosed without one's written consent.
If you would like to schedule a program meant for a larger audience, please use our program request form.