Congratulations! You've been admitted to Graduate School!
Congratulations on investing in your future and committing to an advanced degree. Whether you are new to the EIU community or familiar with campus, the Graduate School is here to help you acclimate to the graduate education community.
For those new to EIU, here are some common terms you will want to know:
- E#- Your e number is your unique campus identifier. Log in to your MyEIU account to see this number.
- Net ID- Your net id is used as your login for all EIU systems, including PAWS, Panthermail, and D2L, a learning management system. Log in to your MyEIU account to see your Net ID and your password to access your email and all other systems. Click here for instructions on changing your password.
- PAWS- All your student needs can be accessed through PAWS, from registering for classes, accepting financial aid, checking grades, accessing billing information, to applying for graduation. PAWS is accessible from the EIU home page in the top right hand menu.
- If you experience any difficulties with your online access please call the ITS Help Desk at 217-581-4357
- New students must have an immunization record on file with EIU Health and Counseling Services – Medical Clinic .
- If you decide you want to change from one graduate program to another, or change from a nondegree student to a degree-seeking student you must complete a Change of Status Form.
- If you need to change the semester in which you plan to enroll, please submit an Application Update.
If you are enrolled in a graduate program your graduate coordinator will assist you in registering for the appropriate classes, which you will do in PAWS. There is a lot of other important information to help you and we strongly suggest you go through our quick online graduate student orientation so you don't miss anything. Access the orientation here.