Off-Campus Online Resources
Here you'll find online resources for faculty development, as well as links to associations and networks dedicated to promoting teaching and learning in higher education.
- Faculty Focus
- Faculty Focus is a free e-newsletter created in 2003 by Magna Publications. Faculty Focus publishes an e-newsletter three times per week and has its own dedicated website featuring innovative strategies, best practices, and fresh perspectives in higher education today.
- Inside Higher Ed
- Inside Higher Ed is the online source for news, opinion and jobs for all of higher education.
- The Chronicle of Higher Education
- The Chronicle of Higher Education is the No. 1 source of news, information, and jobs for college and university faculty members and administrators. Online, The Chronicle is published every weekday and is the top destination for news, advice, and jobs for people in academe.
- The IDEA Center
- The IDEA Center is a nonprofit organization dedicated to hleping faculty members, deans, administrators, and department chairs assess and realize both their own and their institution's objectives through a range of nationally normed, research-driven, flexible assessment services.
- Tomorrow's Professor
- The Tomorrows-Professor eNewsletter is a free online newsletter published twice a week by Standford University. To date it has over 1400 articles covering research, teaching, learning, and academic careers.
Associations and Networks Promoting Teaching and Learning in Higher Education
- American Association of Colleges and Universities (AACU)
- Founded in 1915, AAC&U is the leading national association concerned with the quality, vitality, and public standing of undergraduate liberal education.
- American Association For Higher Education and Accreditation (AAHEA)
- AAHEA’s primary function is to assure and strengthen academic quality and ongoing quality improvement in academic courses, programs and degrees.
- Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching
- Founded by Andrew Carnegie in 1905, the Carnegie Foundation strives to support needed transformations in American education through tighter connections between teaching practice, evidence of student learning, the communication and use of this evidence, and structured opportunities to build knowledge.
- MERLOT – Multimedia Educational Resource for Learning and Online Teaching
- MERLOT is a digitally curated collection of free and open online teaching, learning, and faculty development services contributed and used by an international education community.
- Professional and Organizational Development Network in Higher Education (POD)
- POD supports a network of nearly 1,800 members - faculty, administrators, consultants, and others - developing and supporting practitioners and leaders in higher education dedicated to enhancing learning and teaching.
- The Collaboration for Learning
- The Collaboration for Learning promotes excellence in teaching and learning in a shared professional community that unites those from different academic and institutional cultures in a common commitment and holistic approach to the retention and achievement of a diverse student population.
- The National Teaching and Learning Forum
- A bi-monthly journal available online, the contents of the National Teaching & Learning Forum range widely across diverse cross-disciplinary concerns, covering the latest findings and their practical implications for teaching.