For the past decade, respondus has been reshaping how students are assessed. EIU subscribes to three Respondus products:
Respondus LockDown Browser (RLDB)
is a custom browser that locks down the testing environment within D2L. Students are unable to copy, print, access other applications, or visit other websites during an online exam using LockDown Browser.
SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS FOR LOCKDOWN BROWSER
as of 3/26/2020
- Operating System:
- Windows: 10, 8, 7
- Mac: MacOS 10.15 to 10.12, OS X 10.11, OSX 10.10
- iOS: 11.0+ (iPad only). Must be enabled by instructor. Details.
- Linux and Android devices are not supported.
- Not available for use on Chromebook. Details.
- Windows: 75 MB permanent space on the hard drive
- Mac: 120 MB permanent space on the hard drive
- Browser Requirements
- LockDown Browser is a client application that is installed to a local computer. Both the Windows edition and the Mac edition of the browser are based on Chromium, Google's open source framework. Students do NOT need Google's Chrome browser installed; nor will this version affect a Chrome browser that's already installed.
is a companion application for LockDown Browser that uses webcam and video technology to prevent cheating during online exams.
SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS FOR MONITOR
- Same as for LockDown Browser.
- Webcam and microhone are also needed.
QUICK GUIDES, WEBINARS, AND VIDEOS:
bridges the gap between print and online exams. Faculty can create exams in Word format and use Respondus to publish the exam to D2L. Respondus is available to all EIU faculty by connecting to a virtual desktop using VMware Horizon View.
Respondus 4.0 Quick Start Guide for Instructors
Contact: EIU User Services
Submit a help request online: https://techsupport.eiu.edu/