Promoting Faculty Excellence at Eastern Illinois University
The FDIC helps Eastern Illinois University faculty achieve and maintain excellence in teaching, scholarship, and creativity through training opportunities, grants, and fostering a community of collegial learning.
FDIC will promote a faculty-initiated culture of collaboration, innovation, scholarship, and student-centered teaching excellence.
The core values of FDIC that guide our practices are:
- Encouraging faculty excellence and benefiting the students we educate
- Striving for equity, access, and support for professional development for all faculty and at all stages of their careers
- Supporting a climate for innovation and scholarship through grants
- Encouraging judicious use of technology to support teaching and learning
- Encouraging a culture of collegiality and collaboration through social and professional activities
- Identifying and providing access to resources for addressing the changing environment within and outside of EIU
Visit the FDIC
1105 Booth Library
The Faculty Development and Innovation Center is located in Booth Library, Suite 1105, at the North End of the ground floor. When entering the library from the north doors, turn immediately right, and then right again and come down the stairs; our office is located at the bottom of the stairs.
Main Office Contact:
Technical Assistance: email@example.com
8:00 am - 4:30 pm Monday - Friday
Follow us on Twitter
Follow our YouTube Channel
View our FDIC Video Gallery