Promoting Faculty Excellence at Eastern Illinois University
The FDIC guides Eastern Illinois University faculty to develop, achieve, and excel in teaching, scholarship, and creativity through multi-modal opportunities designed to empower development, innovation, and continuous improvement in and outside of the classroom.
FDIC will promote a culture of collaboration, innovation, scholarship, and student-centered teaching excellence.
The core values of FDIC that guide our practices are:
- Empowering faculty excellence in teaching, research, and creative activities.
- Promoting best practices benefiting faculty and student success.
- Facilitating an environment for innovation and scholarship through fellowships and grants.
- Advocating inspired use of current and emerging instructional technology to support teaching and learning.
- Fostering a culture of collegiality and collaboration through social and professional activities.
- Identifying and providing access to resources for addressing the changing environment within and outside of EIU.
- Advancing an enriched and quality educational environment to promote diversity, equity, inclusion, and accessibility.
Visit the FDIC
1105 Booth Library
The Faculty Development and Innovation Center is located in Booth Library, Suite 1105, at the North End of the ground floor. When entering the library from the north doors, turn immediately right, and then right again and come down the stairs; our office is located at the bottom of the stairs.
Main Office Contact:
Technical Assistance: email@example.com
8:00 am - 4:30 pm Monday - Friday
Follow us on Twitter
Follow our YouTube Channel
View our FDIC Video Gallery