Incoming Transfer Students
Frequently Asked Questions - Transfer Students
What is Orientation?
- A program designed to provide an orientation of campus, allow new students to meet with an academic adviser, register for courses, and complete several other tasks.
What does Orientation provide?
- Learn about academic degree requirements (specific majors require mandatory testing)
- Meet with an academic adviser to develop an academic plan
- Use P.A.W.S. to register for your classes
- Learn how to read your current evaluation report
- Learn the ropes from current students
- Become more familiar with campus facilities, support services, and programs
- Get your Panther Card (student ID)
- Meet new classmates and get answers to your questions regarding life at EIU
How to register for Orientation?
Transfer students will be e-mailed an invitation to the program. The invitation will contain a program reservation link to myEIU. Students will need to complete the reservation form on-line to secure a program date.
How long is Orientation?
Check-in begins at 8:15am and concludes between 12:00pm-2:00pm depending on your advising appointment.
Click here for a schedule
What do I need to bring?
Bring a state/federal issued picture ID (to receive Panther Card)
School ID's WILL NOT be accepted
Can my family come?
Family is welcome to attend. We have a parent program that parallels the student program that will help answer questions. Different presenters will give informational sessions throughout the day.
What if I cannot attend Orientation?
Log in to myEIU, proceed to through the registration process. When you are asked to pick a date, there will be an option to select, "none of these dates work for me". Select that option, and our office will be notified. We will then be in contact with you regarding an alternate orientation