Incoming Transfer Students
Transfer - Fall Admit
We are so excited to have you join our EIU family!
Your success at EIU is determined not only by the quality of your academic work, but also by how quickly you connect to the EIU campus. To assist you in your transition EIU requires you to participate in the orientation and transition programs to assist in your transition. These programs are part of our two-part process to becoming an official EIU student.
Part 1: Orientation, Advisement & Registration
You will attend our Orientation, Advisement & Registration program to accomplish a number of important tasks including:
- Learn about academic degree requirements (specific majors require mandatory testing)
- Meet with your academic advisor to help develop an academic plan
- Use P.A.W.S. to register for your classes
- Learn the ropes from current students
- Become more familiar with campus facilities
- Learn about campus support services and programs
- Get your Panther Card (student ID)
- Meet new classmates and get answers to your questions regarding life at EIU
Coming to Eastern opens a new chapter in your life. This transition also raises a number of questions and concerns regarding your first year here at Eastern Illinois University. We promise your orientation day will provide you with more than a class schedule; it will prepare and excite you for your time at EIU.
Registering for a program
Transfer students will be e-mailed an invitation to the program. The invitation will contain a program reservation link to myEIU. Students will need to complete the reservation form online to secure a program date. Click here for a detailed program schedule.
Students entering Fall 2015 can choose from the following dates (Reservation starts beginning of February)
- Friday, April 8, 2016
- Saturday, April 16, 2016
- Thursday, April 21, 2016
- Wednesday, April 27, 2016
- Tuesday, May 31, 2016
- Wednesday, June 29, 2016
- Monday, July 11, 2016
- Tuesday, August 16, 2016
You will participate in EIU's transition program (Prowl) when you arrive on campus for your first semester. This program is designed to assist you with:
- Educational and social opportunities
- Connecting to EIU
- Providing a foundation for personal and academic success
You will learn more about this program during your Orientation, Advisement & Registration day.