Orientation and Transition Staff
Orientation and Transition Staff - Not currently accepting applications.
Debut Leader (Orientation, Advisement & Registration Staff)
Debut Leaders play a key role in beginning the transition of over 3,000 new students and their families by guiding and leading them through their first experiences at EIU. Debut Leaders have the unique opportunity to be the first face of the University presented to incoming students and families. Individuals selected will participate in various training and leadership development activities as well as be responsible for making new students’ experience during Debut & Prowl fun, eventful, and informative. (This position requires individuals to work at EIU during the summer.)
Senior Prowl Leader (Fall/Spring Transition Staff)
Senior Prowl Leaders play a key role in continuing the transition of over 3,000 new students and their families by guiding and leading new students through their first weeks at EIU. Senior Prowl Leaders will have the opportunity to build relationships, interact with University staff and faulty, and lead a team of
Prowl Leaders. Individuals selected will assist with the selection and training of Prowl Leaders, serve as mentors and role models, and be responsible for making new students’ experience during Prowl fun, eventful, and informative. (This position requires individuals to return to campus 10 days prior to the start of the fall semester and/or 3 days prior to the spring semester.)
Transfer Transition Leader (Orientation and Transition Staff)
New Student & Family Programs proudly welcomes transfer students and their families to EIU through two unique programs: the Orientation, Advisement, and Registration (Debut) Program and the Transition (Prowl) Program. Transfer Transition Leaders will serve their fellow transfers during both of these programs in a variety of ways including leading small groups, facilitating educational sessions, and being a resource to transfer students in the residence halls.
How to Apply for the Debut Leader, Senior Prowl Leader, and Transfer Transition Leader Positions:
The application process: Apply Here
- Download the complete job description and application/selection process here.
- Applicants will be required to answer the following 2 questions when you apply:
- Why is it important for you to represent your institution as a member of the New Student Programs’ staff?
- What are the two strongest work skills you would bring to New Student Programs?
- Applicants will need to provide the names and contact information of two (2) EIU full-time faculty/staff members to serve as references (no graduate or undergraduate students as references).
The interview process has three steps:
- Review of Applications: The Selection Committee will review all application materials and references.
- Group Process: All applicants will participate in a two week group interview process. The process will have a variety of components such as Group Problem Solving, Presentation Development, and Critical Thinking Skills.
- Individual Interview and Presentation - Finalists Only: Finalists will review a case study and present the solution to the situation to the selection committee followed by an individual interview.