Program Specialist (NSP Office Staff) - Apply Now: Applications Due October 13
Specialists are student employees responsible for participating in the development and implementation of the orientation, transition, and retention activities coordinated by New Student Programs. The Specialist position provides a high-impact work experience that plays a key role in the recruitment, orientation, transition, and retention process of nearly 3,000 new students and their families. This position is one of the most preeminent leadership positions at EIU and is challenging, exciting, inspiring, and fulfilling.
Specialists are energetic, dedicated, responsible, professional, high-energy, and out-going students who want to make an impact on their institution. This position is more than just a job, it's an experience; offering an opportunity to develop professionally and personally.
Specifically, individuals will assist in facilitating:
- Selection and training of the NSP program staff.
- Assist in the staffing of the New Student Programs office.
- Facilitate the invitation, registration, and check-in processes for department programs.
- Administrative, planning, and implementation of department programs.
- Various other activities associated with New Student Programs including, but not limited to, open house, campus tours, and campus events.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Candidates must currently be an EIU undergraduate and continue to be an undergraduate through the Fall 2014 semester.
- Candidates must demonstrate academic proficiency with a minimum cumulative 2.75 g.p.a.
- Candidates must be in good standing with the Office of Student Standards.
- Demonstrate engagement in the University community.
- Possess a positive attitude about and a desire to represent Eastern Illinois University.
- Desire to positively impact Eastern Illinois University and be a positive role model and influence on the student body.
Note: Due to overlap of Specialists and Residence Life responsibilities, individuals seeking to be Resident Assistants for Fall 2014 are unable to apply for this position
- Work in the New Student Programs office each week (minimum of 10 hours) during the spring and fall semesters and 30-40 hours a week during the summer. Summer Requirements: From May through August individuals are required to work extensive hours and will not be able to hold another job or take a class without permission from the director.
- Attend all training sessions and staff meetings.
- Will be required to work assigned events during evenings and weekends
- Hourly wage of $8.25 for work during the spring and fall semesters.
- Summer stipend of $3,500 (May12 – August 24), installments made based on university pay periods.
- Room (May 12 – August 8) and board during the summer (when Dining Services is open), a value of $2,500
Download additional information about the positions and selection process:
- Marketing and Team Development Specialist
- Logistics and Program Development Specialist
- Application and Interview Process
*Due to overlap of Specialists and Residence Life responsibilities, individuals seeking to be Resident Assistants for Fall 2015 are unable to apply for these positions.
Please contact Kimberlie Moock (Director) or Echarial Gaines (Assistant Director) in the New Student Programs at 581-6435 or via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.