Incoming Freshman Students
Freshman - Fall Admit
We are so excited to have you join our EIU family!
Your success at EIU is determined not only by the quality of your academic work, but also by how quickly you connect to the EIU campus. To assist you in your transition, EIU requires you to participate in the orientation and transition programs; our two-part process to becoming an official EIU student.
Part 1: Orientation, Advisement & Registration
You will attend our Orientation, Advisement & Registration program to complete several important steps:
- Learn about academic degree requirements (specific majors require mandatory testing)
- Meet with an academic advisor to develop an academic plan
- Use P.A.W.S. to register for classes
- Learn the ropes from current students
- Become more familiar with campus facilities
- Learn about campus support services and programs
- Get your Panther Card (student ID)
- Meet new classmates and get answers to your questions regarding life at EIU
Coming to Eastern opens a new chapter in your life. The transition from high school to the university setting is an exciting time filled with a myriad of opportunities. This transition also raises a number of questions and concerns regarding your first year here at Eastern Illinois University. We promise your orientation day will provide you with more than a class schedule; it will prepare and excite you for your Freshman year at EIU.
Registering for a program
Once you have paid your New Student Enrollment Deposit of $150 you can sign up for an orientation date through myEIU. Freshman students will be e-mailed an invitation to the program. The invitation will contain a program reservation link to myEIU. Students will need to complete the reservation form online to secure a program date. Click here for a detailed program schedule.
Students Entering Fall 2017
- Wednesday, June 7, 2017
- Thursday, June 8, 2017
- Monday, June 12, 2017 (Gateway Admits Only)
- Tuesday, June 13, 2017
- Wednesday, June 14, 2017
- Thursday, June 15, 2017
- Monday, June 19, 2017
- Tuesday, June 20, 2017
- Wednesday, June 21, 2017 (Gateway Admits Only)
- Wednesday, July 5, 2017
- Thursday, July 6, 2017
- Tuesday, July 11, 2017
- Wednesday, July 12, 2017
- Thursday, July 13, 2017 (Gateway Admits Only)
- Thursday, August 17, 2017
You will participate in EIU's transition (Prowl) program when you arrive on campus for your first semester. Students enrolling in Summer and Fall 2017 Prowl will start on Friday, August 18, 2017.
This program is designed to assist you with:
Educational and social opportunities
Connecting to EIU
Providing a foundation for personal and academic success
You will learn more about this program during your Orientation, Advisement & Registration day.