Step #4 - Textbook Rental
Please check the TRS online inventory for available textbooks, if a textbook is not currently in the TRS inventory, it is considered a new request and a request for textbook purchase form must be completed in full, approved by the department chair and returned. Forms are typically available in each academic department.
It is the instructor’s responsibility to ensure that all textbooks are delivered to the proper location and distributed to the assigned student.
Following the same procedure as in the past, all on-campus instructors teaching off-campus courses should pick up, deliver and distribute textbooks for their course. Due to the new return policy, we are asking students to assume the responsibility for the return of their textbooks with the mailing label provided. ;We encourage students to insure their packages when mailing. If an on-campus instructor is unable to pick up student books, faculty must contact TRS at 217-581-3626 to make other arrangements.
Procedures for distributing textbooks to students
- Pick up textbooks from TRS. Texts will be available for pick-up on the day the class begins. If other provisions are required, the arrangements must be made, two weeks in advance of the start of the course, by contacting Amy Jones at email@example.com.
- Each textbook will include a "green sheet" requiring each student's signature. The "green sheets" should be collected the first night of class and returned to TRS.
- At the end of the course, students will be responsible for the return of their textbooks with the mailing label provided. Due to the new return policy, instructors are encouraged to no longer collect textbooks and return them to TRS at the end of the course or semester. If you have any questions regarding this matter, please contact TRS at 217-581-3626.
Part-time/Adjunct Faculty Procedures
Contact Amy Jones at 217-581-3626 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Supplementary Textbooks for Student Purchase (submit to Union Bookstore)
- 1. Decide on a type of course delivery.
- 2. Establish a course.
- 3. Submit the completed documents to the SCE.
- 4. Contact Textbook Rental to order textbooks.
- 5. Monitor enrollment in your course.
- 6. Make travel arrangements.
- 7. First day of class instructions.
- 8. Cancellation of class.
- 9. Submit the grades for your course.
- 10. Questions.
- 11. Give us feedback.
- 12. EIU copyright policies.
- 13. Library Services.