Step #7 - First Day of Class Instructions
Classes Taught Face to Face
First Meeting Sign-in Roster & Phone Tree - the students will sign the document in order to verfiy attendance on the first day of class and to notify students of cancellations or other changes.
A copy of the roster & phone tree needs to be mailed or faxed to the School of Continuing Education the day after the class begins.
Please mail or fax the information to:
Eastern Illinois University
The School of Continuing Education
600 Lincoln Ave.
Charleston, IL 61920
Please note: No food or drink is allowed in classrooms at community colleges.
Online Courses - verify roster through PAWS
Emergency contact numbers at community colleges:
- Danville Area Community College - 217/443-8888 (Campus Security)
- Kaskaskia College - 618/545-3199 (Campus Security)
- Lincoln Trail College - look for maintenance person on duty or call 618/586-2679 (Dan Leggitt, maintenance lead)
- Olney Central College - 866/529-4322 (call Friday by 10 am to make arrangements)
- Parkland College - 217/351-2369 (Public Safety Office)
- Richland Community College - 217/875-7211, Ext. 555 (Campus Security)
- 1. Decide on a type of course delivery.
- 2. Establish a course.
- 3. Submit the completed documents to the SCE.
- 4. Contact Textbook Rental to order textbooks.
- 5. Monitor enrollment in your course.
- 6. Make travel arrangements.
- 7. First day of class instructions.
- 8. Cancellation of class.
- 9. Submit the grades for your course.
- 10. Questions.
- 11. Give us feedback.
- 12. EIU copyright policies.
- 13. Library Services.