The LCBT Faculty Research Awards are available to full time faculty in the School of Business, School of Technology and the Hospitality and Tourism program. There are two separate awards available:
- Faculty Research/Creative Activity Grant
- Funds projects for research and creative activity for individual faculty members of LCBT.
- Faculty Award for Interdisciplinary Research (FAIR)
- Involves two or more academic units in the Lumpkin College of Business and Technology (School of Business, School of Technology, and the Hospitality Program). The purpose of the grant is to promote collaborative scholarly activity among faculty from two or more disciplines in LCBT in order to enhance our academic research culture. The project must involve at least one undergraduate or graduate student.
Up to $3000 in funding will be provided to selected applicants for all awards (based on number of applicants and availability of funding).
Funds are available during 2018-2019, for commodities, contractual services, equipment, travel, and student help related to the project. No personnel services dollars are available.
Funds must be encumbered by May 30, 2019 and spent by June 30, 2019.
A review committee will be established for the vetting process.
- Applicants must adhere to the guidelines set forth by the Institutional Review Board for Humans in Research and Teaching.
- Submission of a two-page (double-spaced) description of the project or activity, including special equipment or materials needed, along with an estimated total cost of the project/activity outlining a budget.
- The project must involve at least one undergraduate or graduate student (FAIR Award).
- Full time faculty in LCBT
The following criteria serve as a guide for evaluation of the grant applications:
- Quality of results of an applicant’s current research/creative activity initiative to be completed or continued;
- Potential for the research/creative activity initiative or work to actively engage students;
- Value of the proposed research/creative activity initiative or work to the University, the college, the school/department and its programs and students;
- Research or work contributing to integrative learning for students;
- For proposals of approximately equal merit, preference will be given to applicants who have not received a prior research grant.
Completed application includes document containing the following:
- Title of Project
- Purpose of the project
- Subjects if applicable (must adhere to the guidelines set forth by the Institutional Review Board for Humans in Research and Teaching)
- Special equipment or materials needed
- Estimated cost of project/activity
Completed applications should be submitted to the LCBT Dean’s Office by October 19, 2018.
Past Awardees - FAIR Award:
2017 - Dr. Peter Ping Liu (TEC) & Dr. Nichole Hugo (FCS)
2015 - Dr. Kesha Coker (BUS) & Dr. Katie Shaw (FCS)
2014 - Dr. Isaac Slaven (TEC), MSG Michael Gately, Jr (MSD), CPT Daniel Alix (MSD)
2013 - Dr. Melody Wollan (BUS) & Dr. Jacquelyn Frank (FCS)
2013 - Dr. Isaac Slaven (TEC), MSG Michael Gately, Jr. (MSD), CPT Daniel Alix (MSD)
Past Awardees - Research/Creative Activity Grant:
2017 - Dr. Nichole Hugo (FCS)
2015 - Dr. Isaac Slaven (TEC) & Dr. John Cabage (TEC)
2014 - Dr. Isaac Slaven (TEC)
2013 - Dr. Isaac Slaven (TEC)