Recent Searches

Loading Search Results...
Loading Directory Results...



Recent Pages

Recent Searches

EIU Housing


myEIUTransfer students are welcome to live in any of our residential communities on campus. Many choose Stevenson Hall or University Court Apartments. While not all students living in these areas are transfer students, these areas offer the opportunity to live in a connected community that will support your academic success and transition into campus life.

To begin the process of living on campus as a transfer student, you must first decide where you would like to live! Once you decide, your next step is filling out a housing application. A non-refundable fee of $50.00 is required for the student's application. Once this has been done, the application will stay on file permanently.

Stevenson Hall is a co-ed, suite-style facility. This building is for students with 30 completed credit hours or 21 years of age. The benefits of living in Stevenson Hall include living with other transfer students who are adjusting to EIU and participating in events created specifically for transfer students!

University Court combines the benefits of on-campus living with the comfort of apartment living. Billing is done through your student account, making University Court financial aid friendly. For more information about the application process for University Court, please apply through their website. University Court Apartments are fully furnished, affordable, and convenient apartments only steps from campus.

After applying to live on campus, students will be given the opportunity to request a specific hall, room, and roommate. We offer a service called Roomsync to help you find a new roommate on campus. When it's time to use Roomsync to select a roommate, you will be able to do so through MyEIU.

Please note that while we do our best to meet every student's request, physical space and prior assignments of returning students may limit our ability. If you have questions about your assignment at any time, please contact our Housing Office at or 217-581-5111.

Meals on Campus

Students living in the residence halls are on a room and board plan, meaning meals are included in the housing and dining contract.

Students living in University Court or University Apartments can purchase an optional meal plan. Please stop by the University Housing and Dining Services office or call 217-581-5733 for more information once you arrive on campus.

Students may also purchase a meal plan or Dining Dollars if they are not living on campus.


Related Pages

Contact Information

Housing & Dining Services

MLK Jr., University Union,
600 Lincoln Ave.
Charleston, IL 61920
Fax: 217-581-6489

Take the next step

apply now
schedule a visit