Health & Counseling Services:
The Eastern Illinois University Pharmacy permanently closed during Fall 2022.
All prescriptions & pharmacy patient records were transferred to Sarah Bush Lincoln Hospital System’s Prairie Medical Pharmacy, 1000 Health Center Drive, Mattoon IL 61938.
Students Seeking Care from EIU HCS Medical Clinic
- EIU medical clinic providers can prescribe medications and
- Have them couriered from Prairie Medical Pharmacy back to campus, usually within one business day
- Are able to send scripts to off-campus pharmacies where students may use private insurance, prescription discount cards, or pay at-cost.
Students Wishing to Utilize Student Insurance Benefits for Prescriptions
- EIU Student Insurance will only provide benefit coverage for prescription medications prescribed by providers in the EIU Medical Clinic which are couried back to campus from Prairie Medical Pharmacy.
- EIU Student Insurance will not provide benefits or coverage for prescription medications purchased at other off-campus pharmacies
Questions may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org