Medical Clinic Immunizations
Medical Clinic Immunization Form for Domestic Students
On July 21, 2016, the Illinois Joint Committee on Administrative Rules revised and adopted the Illinois College Student Immunization Act [110 ILCS 20], administered by the Illinois Department of Public Health . On August 5, 2016, these revisions were published.These new regulations added to the immunizations which had been previously needed for matriculation to all public and private colleges and universities.
Compliance with this act requires all persons born on or after January 1, 1957 entering a four year public or private institution of higher education to provide proof of immunization. The following proof of immunity is required:
- Diphtheria, Tetanus, Pertussis: Students shall provide dates of any combination of three or more doses of Diphtheria, Tetanus, and Pertussis containing vaccine. One dose must be Tdap vaccine. The last dose of vaccine (DPT, DTap, DT, Td, or Tdap) must have been received within 10 years prior to the term of current enrollment. The minimum time interval between the first and second dose must have been at least four weeks (28 days), with the third dose having been received at least six months after the second or last dose of the basic series.
- Measles, Mumps, Rubella: Students shall provide documentation of receipt of two doses of MMR (Measles, Mumps Rubella) live vaccine on or after the first birthday. The minimum time interval between each dose must have been at least four weeks (28 days).
- Meningococcal Vaccine: All new admissions under the age of 22 shall show proof of having at least one dose of meningococcal conjugate vaccine on or after 16 years of age.
Students must provide the Health & Counseling Services - Medical Clinic with proof of immunity by August 1 for fall and December 15 for spring. Failure to send immunization records to the Medical Clinic will result in a $35 non-compliance charge and a hold placed on student university records. This hold will prevent students from registering for classes during the following terms.
Immunization Forms and Additional Information
International Students must contact International Students and Scholars Office or Medical Clinic for more information.
Immunization Action Coalition offers additional multilingual immunization information.
Immunizations offered at Health & Counseling Services - Medical Clinic
- TDap: $60
- Measles, Mumps and Rubella: $85
- Meningococcal Vaccine: $130
- FREE Flu shots available in the fall to students
- For travel outside of USA contact us 1 1/2 months prior to departure - CDC Travel Immunization Recommendations
- Other injections -- medication must include physician's instructions