New Student Programs is committed to providing services for new students and their families. Eastern views orientations as an ongoing and multifaceted transition process, which involves academic, intellectual, civic, and personal development. NSP strives to provide supportive programs and leadership opportunities for all students.
Graduate Assistant Position: Program Coordinator
Description: Coordinate the orientation, transition, and retention programming for over 3,000 new students and their families annually.
Responsibilities may include:
- development and implementation of staff recruitment, selection, and training for over 75 students annually
- facilitating prospective student events and programs
- development and facilitation of orientation, transition, and retention programs
- facilitating leadership programs
- teaching classes
- marketing and publication development
- supervising staff
Experience in orientation, first year experience, and admissions preferred. Strong experience in student leadership positions (orientation leader/coordinator, peer mentor, student activities, residence life, Greek Life, etc.) preferred. Position is a twelve month contract (preferred 2 year commitment).
$950.00 per month and tuition waiver (excluding fees) from September to April; $1,200 per month, meals (when dining is open) and tuition waiver (excluding fees) from May to August.
Individuals interested in applying for a graduate assistant need to complete the following steps:
- Apply to New Student Programs: Application materials can be submitted online. You will upload a cover letter stating why you are interested in the position as well as your relevant experience, a resume', and the names and contact information for three references. Click here to apply now!
- Apply to the Graduate School: (http://www.eiu.edu/~graduate/home/index.php)
- Apply to the Graduate Program of Choice: (http://www.eiu.edu/~graduate/home/index.php)
- Apply for a Graduate Assistant Online with the Graduate School (http://www.eiu.edu/~graduate/assistantships/assistantships.php )
- Please be sure to select the New Student Programs/Orientation Office during the process.
- Applications will be reviewed
- Interviews will be scheduled
- Candidates will be notified of their application standing