Graduate Assistant - Now Hiring for 2017-2018
New Student & Family Programs is committed to providing services for new students and their families. Eastern views orientations as an ongoing and multi faceted transition process, which involves academic, intellectual, civic, and personal development. New Student & Family Programs strives to provide supportive programs and leadership opportunities for all students.
Graduate Assistant Position: Program Coordinator
Description: Coordinate the orientation, transition and retention programming for nearly 2,000 new students and their families annually.
Responsibilities may include:
- The development and implementation of staff recruitment, selection, and training for 80+ students annually
- Facilitating prospective student events and programs
- Development and facilitation of orientation, transition, and retention programs
- Facilitating leadership programs
- Teaching classes
- Marketing and publication development
- Supervising staff
Experience in orientation, first year experience, admissions, marketing, and/or publications preferred. Strong experience in student leadership positions (orientation leader/coordinator, peer mentor, student activities, residence life, Greek Life, etc.) preferred. Position is a 12-month contract (preferred 2 year commitment).
$950.00 per month and tuition waiver (excluding fees) from September to April; $1,200 per month, meals (when dining is open) and tuition waiver (excluding fees) from May to August.
Individuals interested in applying for a graduate assistant need to complete the following steps:
Apply to New Student & Family Programs (click here): Application materials can be submitted online. You will upload a resume', and the names and contact information for three references. We encourage the submission of cover letter (optional) stating why you are interested in the position as well as your relevant experience.
Apply to the Graduate School: Click here
Apply to the Graduate Program of Choice: http://www.eiu.edu/~graduate/home/index.php
Apply for a Graduate Assistant Online with the Graduate School http://www.eiu.edu/~graduate/assistantships/assistantships.php
Please be sure to select the New Student & Family Programs/Orientation Office during the process at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 217-581-6435.
- Applications will be reviewed - February, 3, 2017
- Interviews will be scheduled - February 20 - March 15, 2017
- Candidates will be notified of their application standing - Early to mid April 2017