Incoming Transfer Students
Transfer Student - Summer Admit
We are so excited to have you join our EIU family!
Your success at EIU is determined not only by the quality of your academic work, but also by how quickly you connect to the EIU campus. EIU requires you to participate in orientation and transition programs to assist you in your transition. These programs are part of our two-part process to becoming and official EIU student.
Part 1: Orientation, Advisement & Registration
You will attend our Orientation, Advisement & Registration program to accomplish a number of important tasks including:
- Learn about academic degree requirements (specific majors require mandatory testing)
- Meet with your academic advisor to help develop an academic plan
- Use P.A.W.S. to register for your classes
- Learn the ropes from current students
- Become more familiar with campus facilities
- Learn about campus support services and programs
- Get your Panther Card (student ID)
- Meet new classmates and get answers to your questions regarding life at EIU
Coming to Eastern opens a new chapter in your life. This transition also raises a number of questions and concerns regarding your first year here at Eastern Illinois University. We promise your orientation day will provide you with more than a class schedule; it will prepare and excite you for your time at EIU.
Registering for a program
Transfer students will be e-mailed an invitation to the program. The invitation will contain a program reservation link to myEIU. Students will need to complete the reservation form online to secure a program date. Click here for a detailed program schedule.
Students entering Summer 2017 can choose from the following dates (program reservation open February 9, 2017).
- Thursday, March 30, 2017
- Saturday, April 8, 2017
- Monday, April 24, 2017
- Wednesday, May 31, 2017
Part 2: Transition to Campus (Prowl)
You will participate in EIU's transition program (Prowl) prior to the beginning of the Fall semester. For students enrolling in Summer 2017 the program will run from Friday, August 18 through Sunday, August 20, 2017.
The program is designed to assist you with:
- Educational and social opportunities
- Connecting to EIU
- Providing a foundation for personal and academic success
You will learn more about this program during your Orientation, Advisement & Registration day.