Current students have the option of completing Early Bird re-contracting or the standard re-contracting for the following academic year.
Early Bird Contracting
- Available September until the Friday of finals week in December.
- Students must complete the early bird paperwork in the office of University Housing and Dining services. This contract cannot be mailed or faxed – it must be completed in person.
- Students must pay the $250 Housing Down Payment by the Friday of finals week in December.
- Once this contract is signed and the $250 payment is made, and the December deadline has passed, this contract cannot be canceled unless you will not be a student at EIU.
- Incentives: priority housing and an extra dining dollars added to the student's Panther Card upon move in for the fall semester.
- Available in early February – contracts/preference sheets are distributed to students by the Resident Assistant of their floor (off campus students can pick up these forms in the Housing and Dining office in the Union).
- Students signing up for Greek Court housing must pay the $250 Housing Down Payment at the time they sign their contract in order to be counted towards the number in the house.
- Students must pay the $250 Housing Down Payment by June 12 regardless of financial aid. If the housing down payment is not received by June 12, the assignment and contract will be canceled.
Students requiring special accommodations should contact Disability Services (217-581-6583) as well as University Housing (217-581-5111) or Dining Services (217-581-5733) at their earliest convenience in order to discuss their particular needs before coming to campus.
University Housing and Dining Services at Eastern Illinois University makes housing and roommate assignments based upon a student’s biological sex. We recognize that some students may have specific housing needs or concerns that will not be addressed by this practice. If you would like assistance in identifying the best housing options for you, please contact Kelly Miller, Associate Director (217-581-7718). Kelly will discuss your needs with you over the phone or in person to determine how best to match your needs with the housing options available. All information will be kept confidential to the fullest extent possible and shared with University staff only on an as-needed basis.