- About Us
- Student Governance
- University Board
- Graduate Assistantships
There are basic questions that must be answered in order to form a new student organization at Eastern Illinois University. However, before you begin the registration process, there are several factors that should be considered in order to effectively organize your new student organization.
BASIC STEPS TO GETTING STARTED
STEP ONE: Select Members and a Faculty/Staff Advisor
STEP TWO: Complete EIU Registered Student Organization Online Application
STEP THREE: REGISTRATION PROCESS
Under normal circumstances, the registration process for a “new” student organization takes about 2 - 3 weeks for approval. Notification of registration approval will be sent by e-mail to the organization’s president and advisor. Delays may occur if all requirements are not completed by the organization.
REGISTRATION PROCESS FOR NEW STUDENT ORGANIZATIONS
1. Upon receipt of the completed registration materials, all information will be reviewed for accuracy and approval by the Student Life Office and the EIU Student Government The purpose of the review process is to provide an opportunity for the verification of all registration materials submitted for approval.
2. During the review process, additional changes to the online application or constitution may be suggested. An email will be sent with the suggested additions or changes to the Advisor, President and Vice-President. An attached copy with suggested changes for the constitution will be sent via email. Once changes are done your RSO can resubmit to the Student Life Office
3. The additional suggested changes will be placed in the file for further review and approval by the Director of Student Life
4. Once the Director of Student Life approves the RSO the file will be sent to Student Government for final review and approval.
- Student reviews
- Placed on agenda for Student Government Approval
5. The official registration process takes approximately two weeks from the date completed registration materials are submitted to the Student Life Office.
6. Organizations with less than ten (10) members will be given a “probationary period” of one (1) semester to meet the standard membership requirement.
Submit your online application/constitution at: https://www.eiu.edu/apps/rso/rso_add.php