The School of Business strongly recommends that all business majors purchase a Windows-based laptop computer to support various course activities and assignments. An appropriate configuration for the laptop includes:
- Current version of Microsoft Windows operating system
- Current version of Microsoft Office (student version)
- At least a 2.8 GHz processor (i5 Gen 7 or higher/ AMD Ryzen Mobile 5 or higher)
- At least 8 GB of RAM
- Solid state hard drive with a minimum of 240gb capacity
- 1920 x 1080 screen
- 8 hours or more battery life
Current EIU-recommended laptop specifications can be found at the EIU Bookstore website.
The EIU Bookstore sells Dell PC’s that meet the recommended EIU configuration at a discount for students, as well as offering discounts on Microsoft software products.