2015 English Studies Camp Highlights
Thirty-eight high school students joined us on the campus of Eastern Illinois University the week of July 12-17 2015 for the inaugural English Studies Summer Camp. They were an enthusiastic, talented, fun group that brought great energy to Coleman Hall and EIU's campus.
A look back at the 2015 English Studies Summer Camp
Check out the Flickr slideshow featuring our 2015 campers!
2015 Camper Testimonials
- "I honestly feel that the camp was an extremely inspirational and life changing experience. I have to say that I will never forget the people that I met and the things that I learned. I've decided to devote the rest of my summer to the reading list that [my instructor] gave us... I will be making my younger friends attend the camp next year! (I wish I could go again.)"
- I'd like to thank you for the experience I had at camp. It went above and beyond all my expectations. All my classes were well taught and the people I met are good friends now. I've actually been talking about it so much that my younger sister and her friends are thinking about going next year (I'm jealous that they get to go without me). Again, thank you so much. Not only did I have a great time, but my writing improved greatly. Thank you.
- I am happy I met the people I did, and I am really missing them too. I feel as if being exposed to many different people with many different personalities was purely fascinating. If there is a writing camp next summer, I really hope to attend it again. EIU is a beautiful school, and I am very happy I participated in this camp. It was nice to come to a university and see what my future possibly holds.
- I loved the camp and look forward to coming (and bringing another friend, hopefully) next year. The camp was probably one of the best experiences of my life. My friends and I were impressed with how well and smoothly the camp was run as usually the first year of things like this are a little rocky, but this was absolutely amazing! I plan to come next year to the camp, and will definitely consider EIU as a college someday
- I really loved the support the faculty provided me with.
- I loved the professors!
- I highly enjoyed my experiences I made this week and the friends I made.
- This camp exceeded my expectations; I loved it!!!
- Thank you guys! I’ll be back next year!
- I loved this camp and I love EIU – I hope I get accepted!
- The camp was amazing; I hate to go.
For Further General Information, please contact: The English Department Office, 600 Lincoln Avenue, Charleston, IL 61920. Phone: (217) 581-2428. Fax: (217) 581-7209. Email: email@example.com.
For Specific Information about the Program Schedule or Sessions, please contact: Dr. Melissa Ames, Program Director via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
English Studies Camp Program Director
Dr. Melissa Ames
EIU Associate Professor of English