|Apply to EIU Now!|
Complete Online Program Available!
18-Hour Online Certificate Program
The Certificate in the Teaching of Writing (CTW) is an ideal way for high school, middle-level, and elementary educators to pursue professional development with only one required course, ENG 5585, Writing Project for K-16 Teachers.
• ENG 5585 Writing Project for K-16 Teachers (6 crs.)
ENG 5585 is taught FULLY ONLINE!
Start your application now in order to reserve a space in the Summer 2020 online course!
Start earning credits now! Enroll in online grad courses offered in Summer and Fall 2020.
To earn the full Certificate, students choose at least four of the following three-credit courses, which are offered on rotation:
• ENG 4760 Studies in Professional Writing*
• ENG 4765 Professional Editing
• ENG 4801 Integrating the English Language Arts
• ENG 4906 Problems in the Teaching of English*
• ENG 5007 Composition Theory and Pedagogy (suggested and offered Fall 2020!)
• ENG 5011 Studies in Composition and Rhetoric* (suggested and offered Fall 2020!)
• ENG 5061 Special Topics in Literature and Literary Theory*
• ENG 5091 Studies in Language, Linguistics, and Literacy*
* May be taken more than once
NOTE: no more than 12 credits (or 4 courses) between 4750 and 4999 may count toward the MA degree in English
For further information, contact Dr Randy Beebe (firstname.lastname@example.org), Graduate Coordinator, English Department, Eastern Illinois University and Dr. Robin Murray (email@example.com), Director of the Writing Project.
Note: students who successfully complete the Certificate of Teaching Writing can choose to continue on to complete their MA in Composition and Rhetoric for only 5 more classes!