Mission, Goals, & Objectives
The mission of the MSND: Dietetic Internship Option, with its Nutrition Education Emphasis is to integrate research and theory-based nutrition education through innovative, rigorous, and collaborative supervised practice experiences, and to prepare entry-level registered dietitian nutritionists to enter the diverse workforce and devote their careers to empowering individuals, families, and communities through lifelong learning, professional engagement, and community service.
1. The Master’s in Nutrition and Dietetics: Dietetic Internship Option will develop competent, graduate-level, entry-level registered dietitian nutritionists with the knowledge and skills needed to provide professional service targeted at improving the overall health and well-being of individuals, families, and communities through theory-based nutrition education.
- At least 80% of interns complete the DI within 27 months (150% of the program length).
- At least 80% of program graduates take the CDR credentialing exam for dietitian nutritionists within 12 months of program completion.
- The program's one-year pass rate (graduates who pass the registration exam within one year of first attempt) on the CDR credentialing exam for dietitian nutritionists is at least 80%.
- Of the graduates who seek employment, at least 80% are employed in the nutrition and dietetics or related fields within 12 months of graduation.
- Over a five year reporting period, at least 80% of graduate survey respondents will agree or strongly agree that the Master’s and practicum experiences were important for their careers in dietetics.
- At least 80% of the employers surveyed will indicate satisfaction with the EIU Dietetic Internship graduate's entry-level competence as a registered dietitian nutritionist.
2. The program will prepare graduates to engage in professional service and lifelong learning.
- One year post graduation, 50% of graduates who respond to the alumni survey will indicate they are serving as a preceptor.
- One year post graduation, 50% of graduates who respond to the alumni survey will indicate active involvement in at least one professional organization.
Program data is available upon request to the DI Coordinator.