University Apartments Eligibility
Applicants must be:
- a graduate student enrolled in 6 semester hours (minimum) each semester at EIU.
- An undergraduate student enrolled in 9 semester hours (minimum) each semester at EIU.
and meet one of the following requirements:
- be married living with a spouse
- be a party to a civil union
- be a parent living with a dependent child (or children) full-time
- be 25 years of age or older
Married applicants must provide the Office of University Housing and Dining Services with a certified court house copy of their marriage certificate (A minister's copy is not acceptable).
Parties to a civil union must provide a certified copy of their civil union certificate.
Parents must provide a certified court house copy of the child's birth certificate. This information must be provided prior to assignment.