Eastern Illinois University Logo
Housing |

University Apartments Eligibility


Applying for Housing

Housing Options

Academic Success

Leadership and Involvement



About Us



Employment Opportunities

Contact Us


Applicants must be:

a graduate student enrolled in 6 semester hours (minimum) each semester at EIU.


an undergraduate student enrolled in 9 semester hours (minimum) each semester at EIU.

and meet one of the following requirements: 

  • be married living with a spouse
  • be a party to a civil union
  • be a parent living with a dependent child (or children) full-time
  • be 25 years of age or older

Married applicants must provide the Office of University Housing & Dining Services with a certified court house copy of their marriage certificate (a minister's copy is not acceptable).

Parents must provide a certified court house copy of the child's birth certificate. This information must be provided prior to assignment.