Lumpkin College of Business
and Applied Sciences
- EIU is east-central Illinois' state sponsor for Peace Meal, a senior nutritional service that has offered qualified seniors from a 14-county area access to well-balanced meals at least five days each week since 1974. To learn if you qualify, make a gift, or to volunteer, please visit us online.
- Creating a positive climate for economic and business development is vital to the long-range growth of our region. To that end, LCBAS is providing an important service through our Business Solutions Center. We provide new and existing businesses with the support they need to grow!
- LCBAS is proud of the contributions our faculty make to research initiatives across Eastern’s campus, especially when these efforts involve colleagues from different academic areas. Read more about these research efforts here.
- Every gift to LCBAS makes a difference — including that of Helen Price, who in 2002 created a business education scholarship and gifted a room in Klehm Hall to honor the memory of her late son, Dr. James D. Price. Click here to see an interview with Mrs. Price.
- Among our outreach efforts is the Child Care Resource and Referral Agency (CCRR), a program contracted with the Illinois DHR and housed within the EIU School of Family and Consumer Sciences. CCRR provides child care referral services to a six-county area of east-central Illinois.
- The LCBAS Dean’s Student Advisory Board recently sponsored a "Dunk-a-Dean" fundraiser. Proceeds went to St. Hedwig Haus in Charleston, a shelter for homeless women and children. Campus leaders, including LCBAS Dean Mahyar Izadi, participated. Watch a short video of the fun!
Message from the Dean
The Lumpkin College of Business and Applied Sciences (LCBAS) is a dynamic and diverse academic college. We are dedicated to the betterment of our students through a combination of both classroom learning and “integrative learning,” a process which encourages our students to avail themselves of every available outlet for their creative and educational growth. Integrative learning is an important and unique process which focuses on our students, connecting them to “real-world” opportunities and “hands-on” learning that is imperative to their future careers.
Whether by way of our Securities Analysis Center, the Child Development Lab, Commercial Kitchen, our Technology Labs or encouraging students to take part in Study Abroad, Independent Study and Internship Programs, your friends in LCBAS are providing students the necessary tools to fully integrate their classroom learning with vital, career supporting activities outside of the traditional classroom setting. If you’re an alumnus, take pride in the degree you have earned and take heart in the generation of future Eastern alumni that are following in your footsteps. Remember, every Eastern graduate benefits from the success of fellow alumni, because each successful alumnus offers a compelling reason to employers and hiring agents that Eastern is the place to “kick-start” a successful career.
To current and prospective students, be sure to investigate every possibility to forward your educational goals. Enroll in challenging courses and pursue internships, independent studies and studies overseas. Challenge yourself, that’s what a college degree should drive you to do….to be your best!
As always, feel free to contact myself or any member of the faculty or staff of the College….we are ready to help with any assistance.
Mahyar Izadi, Dean
The mission of the Lumpkin College of Business and Applied Sciences is to create an academic environment based on intellectual inquiry that facilitates for stakeholders the development of personal, professional, and technical characteristics that have economic and social value.