The following are instructions for students on how to submit an assigned document to a D2L Brightspace Dropbox for Turnitin review. For instructions on how to submit to the Turnitin website, go here: Turnitin Submission at Turnitin Website.
1. Log in to D2L Brightspace at www.eiu.edu using your EIU username and password.
2. Enter the D2L course with the Turnitin assignment.
3. Within the course, choose the appropriate Dropbox folder. NOTE: Dropbox folders may be accessed on the course Navbar under Assessment.
4. After choosing (i.e. opening) the appropriate Dropbox folder:
A - Choose Add a File and select the correct file.
B - Check for the file name to verify it has been added.
C - Choose Submit.
5. On the File Upload Results page, choose View History.
6. If your instructor has granted you permission to view an Originality Report, it will be accessible to the right of your submitted file. Under the Report column, "In-Progress" will display until the report is complete. Once the document is processed, a percentage appears under the Report column. NOTE: It may take 10 minutes or more for Turnitin to process the document.
7. To view the originality report, click on the percentage bar. The Originality Report will open in the Turnitin Document Viewer. If there is nothing for you to click, your instructor has not granted you permission to view this report. NOTE: The first time you attempt to view a report, you will be prompted to read and agree to the Turnitin Users Agreement.
Students need to be familiar with the Standards of Student Conduct Code and the proper EIU procedures for responding to academic dishonesty. The Office of Student Standards provides resources for both faculty and students.