The Simple Steps to Becoming EIU
Please see our admission deadlines as students can be admitted to start the second session courses during an ongoing semester.
Files are not considered for admission until all materials have been received. Application files are evaluated at least twice per week against the program’s admission criteria. If you intend to utilize the work experience + GPA in lieu of GMAT/GRE requirement, please request to have that evaluated when you submit your resume.
Our GRE Codes are: 1199 EIU and 3769 MBA. The EIU GMAT code is DGF; MBA GMAT Full-time program code is DGF-ZJ-53, GMAT MBA Part-time program code is DGF-ZJ-62. Any of these codes will result in your scores being reported to the MBA Admissions Office. GMAT and GRE official results usually take 7 – 10 business days to be received in our office, so please plan your testing date accordingly and preferably submit all other materials prior to your test.
Important regarding our Dual Admissions process: Please note that you must apply to the EIU Graduate School AND send multiple application materials to the MBA office for separate admission considerations. The specifics of those application materials can be found in the drop boxes below.
Sign Up for MyEIU
Your MyEIU account is free and easy; all it takes is an email address to get started. You can even sign up via Facebook! Once you've logged into MyEIU, you can learn everything there is to know about Eastern and get information about everything the university has to offer — all tailored to your unique set of interests!
Apply to the Graduate School
Applicants for admission to the Graduate School must:
- Satisfy all university general admission requirements,
- Hold a bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university, and
- Submit a complete and official transcript from each institution attended.
For admission to the MBA program in the School of Business, admission to the Graduate School is the first stage of admission required for students seeking an MBA degree from the School of Business.
Learn more about the Graduate School admissions process.
Apply to the Program
Applicants to the MBA Program must send all materials for application to:
or fax 217-581-6642
or mail to:
School of Business ATTN: MBA
600 Lincoln Ave.
Charleston, IL 61920
- Submit an online MBA Program Application
- Submit official GMAT or GRE scores (requirements below), taken within the past five years OR see 2b.
- Applicants may substitute the GMAT or GRE requirement with the following:
- A 3.00 undergraduate GPA and 3 years of professional work experience post-baccalaureate as demonstrated on resume
- A 2.90 undergraduate GPA and 4 years of professional work experience post-baccalaureate as demonstrated on resume
- A 2.80 undergraduate GPA and 5 years of professional work experience post-baccalaureate as demonstrated on resume
- Submit completed and signed Honor Code
- Submit current resume clearly describing employment experience.
- Submit two completed Recommendation Forms sent directly to the MBA Office (preferably one should be from a previous or current employer)
- Submit a one page professional goal statement, with your name clearly identified, describing personal career and academic goals and the preparation required to meet those goals
- Minimum GMAT score is 400-Verbal 18, Quantitative 23, Analytical Writing 3.5, Integrative Reasoning 3.
- Click here for information on the GMAT Fee Waiver program which allows EIU to offer a limited number of vouchers to eligible students each year.
- Minimum combined Verbal and Quantitative GRE score total = 292; Verbal 140, Quantitative 146, Analytical Writing 3.5
- GRE equivalent to GMAT calculated using this calculator
- Score at least 1,000 points based on the following formula: (200 x GPA) + GMAT (or GMAT equivalent) total score
A powerpoint about the GRE Exam and registration process is available by clicking HERE.