Electronic/Event Signage Policy
The EIU digital sign on the corner of Lincoln Avenue and Fourth Street is an informational platform aimed at communicating what’s happening on our campus. Information shared on the digital sign keeps the public informed about important university events, resources, and services. The digital sign is part of our campus-wide emergency alert program. In case of emergency, alert messages will take precedence over scheduled content.
ADMINISTRATION OF OUR ELECTRONIC SIGN
Marketing and Communications is responsible for the design and scheduling of the graphics presented on our digital sign.
- Improve community engagement in, and awareness of, university events, activities and services.
- To communicate visually: University events, resources and services, special campaigns.
- The primary audience for the Digital Signage platform is: Community members, all visitors, especially prospective students/families, current students, faculty, and staff. Content is prioritized by impact on our community with Undergraduate Admissions taking priority over other messaging.
- In general, content from those not afiliated with EIU will not be posted, however it may be considered if the group or individual is co-sponsoring an event with an EIU entity (such as camps/conferences).
- The use of digital signage is subject to the requirements of legal and ethical behavior within the University community.
- Event graphics featured on the digital sign must comply with the University Brand Standards Guide.
Events schedules are sent monthly to Marketing and Communications via Campus Scheduling: www.eiu.edu/union/campus_scheduling.php. Special requests outside of the standard scheduled list may be sent to Christy Kilgore at email@example.com.