FY22 Year-End Information
Please review the year-end timeline below for dates that may affect your department/area. These are the final dates that FY22 transactions will be processed through Banner. We encourage you to make requests (such as budget transfers, journal entries, requisitions, summer tuition waivers, etc.) as early as possible.
Additionally, departments should be aware that service departments will be billing for work done through June 30. Departments should contact individual service departments (see the listing of service departments below) for their cutoff dates to accept work to be done by June 30.
- April through July
- Departments should review accounting information. Departments should look for expenses that have not posted as well as encumbrances balances that may need changed (either increased or decreased). Standing purchase orders and work orders should be closed as necessary.
- April through June
- The Business Office will be contacting departments with potential "excess funds" to discuss actions.
- Departments should keep in mind Procurement deadlines for requisitions and other ordering.
- Any tuition/fee waivers for FY22 should be forwarded to Financial Aid and Scholarships no later than June 28.
- June 30
- Service departments will close FY22.
- Cashiers will receive FY22 deposits (including gifts) until 4 p.m.
- After June 30 at noon, there will be no new FY22 requisitions or purchase orders allowed.
- July 1
- Final FY22 budget transfers will be entered.
- All FY22 payroll adjustments must be provided to Payroll.
- July 12
- All FY22 Request for Payments, invoices, and Travel Vouchers must be received in the Department of Procurement, Disbursements, and Contract Services. Unless they are significant to the University's financial statements, any invoices and travel vouchers received after this date will be processed against FY23 budgets.
- July 15
- Departments with inventories should complete their inventories and forward them to the Business Office.
- Final Office Depot, P-Card, and service department billings will be posted.
- Accounts Payable will close for FY22.
- Payroll will feed the final FY22 payroll adjustments to the Business Office.
- July 15 (afternoon)
- FY22 purchase orders and work orders will be rolled to FY23. Banner posting and approvals will be turned off while this is completed.
We appreciate all departments' cooperation and assistance in helping us close the university's fiscal year in a timelier manner and meet the deadlines imposed by the State of Illinois.
Service departments (and the department to contact) include:
- Campus Projects (Facilities, Planning and Management)
- Garage and Fleet (FP&M)
- Maintenance Materials/Janitor Supplies (FP&M)
- Personnel Security Checks (Human Resources)
- Postage (Mail Services)
- Telecommunications (ITS)
- The Daily Eastern News (Student Publications)
- Union Bookstore
- Copy Express
- Utilities (FP&M)