Your future starts now!
You’ll need to take care of a few things right away.
Reserve your Place at EIU!
All incoming freshman students must submit a $150 New Student Enrollment Deposit. After submitting your Enrollment Deposit, you will have the opportunity to sign up for your Orientation date, which is when you will register for your first EIU classes! Orientation dates become available each spring for students enrolling in the fall. You can submit your Enrollment Deposit, and sign up for Orientation, by logging into your MyEIU account.
Submit Deposit Learn more about Orientation
Complete Your Housing Application
- Freshman students are required to live on campus for their first year, and many choose to stay on campus for their second year as well! With 10 different residence hall options for you to live in, we know you will find exactly what you are looking for at EIU!
- Now that you are admitted to Eastern Illinois University, you can complete your housing application on your MyEIU account. Complete your application early so you’re more likely to get the residence hall you want to live in. Some of our halls fill up fast, so we encourage you to complete this as soon as you know you want to be an EIU Panther!
- The housing application includes a $50 non-refundable application fee. Once you have completed your housing application, you will be able to complete the room and board contract, when it becomes available each spring. On your room and board contract, you will select which residence hall you want to live in, which meal plan option you would like, and if you have a roommate request. We encourage all of our incoming students to complete the room and board contract by May 1.
- Due to COVID-19, all students living on campus will receive a single-occupancy room for the 20-21 academic year at no additional cost. Additionally, the Housing Down Payment was reduced to $100 and the deadline was extended to July 1.
Complete your Housing Application Complete your Room & Board Contract Learn more about our Housing Options
All students who want to receive Federal, State, or some forms of Institutional aid must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). You will need to complete the FAFSA as soon as possible after October 1st of the year before you plan to enroll. 77% of our students receive some form of financial aid to assist with their education. We are here to help!
Submit FAFSA Learn more about Financial Aid
Apply For Scholarships
- Eastern Illinois University is dedicated to you and helping you afford your college education! During the past year, we awarded over 27 million in scholarships and awards to EIU students!
- We offer automatic Merit Scholarships, Honors Scholarships, and Foundation Scholarships. Use the links below to learn more about the application process and deadlines for each of these scholarship opportunities.
EIU Scholarship Search Learn more about Financial Aid
Register for Classes
- Our New Student Orientation is designed to help new students make a smooth transition to EIU and connect them with opportunities to become more involved on campus and meet new people!
- During your Orientation, you will meet with an academic advisor, register for classes, receive your Panther ID Card, and meet other Future Panthers. Our New Student and Family Programs Office is also here to help you transition during your first semester and plans various activities during move-in weekend and the first six weeks of the semester. We are all here to help you make an easy transition to EIU!
- Due to COVID-19, all summer orientation programs will be conducted virtually.
Register for your New Student Orientation Learn more about Orientation and Move-In activities