EMC - String Chamber Camp
About the String Chamber Camp
This summer we will have:
- Technique class
- Small and large chamber groups
- Irish jigs and folk tunes
- Individual lessons and help
- Master class with individual and group performances
- Time to practice!
The placement auditions for string chamber camp are informal and will only last five minutes. Please prepare:
- A short selection of your choice that demonstrates your current playing level
- One or two scales and/or a second contrasting selection (orchestra pieces are fine)
Placement auditions will take place Sunday afternoon after students check-in.
Please bring a metronome if you have one. Bring any technique, repertoire, or music you would like to work on this summer. Bring a sweater or jacket since the temperature tends to fluctuate in different rooms and performance venues. It is also a good idea to keep pencils and spare strings in your case. Don't forget your rosin!
If you have any questions, please contact the string chamber camp coordinator, Dr. Anna Cromwell.
About the String Chamber Camp Faculty
Anna Cromwell has taught violin and viola at Eastern Illinois University since 2008. Dr. Cromwell is a dedicated teacher, performer, and chamber musician. She has been on faculty at Western Kentucky University, Minnesota State University, Bravo! Summer String and Keyboard Institute, and Tennessee Valley Music Festival.