Panther Marching Band Festival
Saturday, September 24, 2022 from 11:00 am to 9:00 pm
O’Brien Stadium, Eastern Illinois University
The Eastern Illinois University Panther Marching Band invites YOU to join us for the 45th Annual Panther Marching Band Festival set for Saturday, September 24, 2022 in O’Brien Stadium on the campus of Eastern Illinois University, Charleston, Illinois.
The official start time is 11:00 a.m. Bands will perform in the order of classification with awards for Class 1A, 2A, and 3A following the 3A bands. Awards for 4A, 5A and 6A will follow the 6A bands. Performance order within each class will be decided by the date the registration fee is received at EIU. (Exceptions have been made on occasion in order to provide the most participation possible.)
Scoring for the Panther Marching Band Festival is 60% music, 40% visual. The music score will be comprised of 20% of each music performance and effect caption. The visual score will be 10% of each performance caption and 20% from effect.
Awards will be presented in each competitive class for Participation, Best Music, Best Visual, Best General Effect, Best Percussion, Best Auxiliary and the Top 3 Places. Grand Champion trophies and Outstanding Soloist Awards will be presented for Small Class (1A, 2A, and 3A combined) and Large Class (4A and 5A combined) divisions.
2022 Festival Information
- Joseph Manfredo
- Randy Isoda
Music General Effect:
Visual General Effect:
General Commentary For Bands and Drum Majors (non-adjudicated):
Panther Marching Band Festival Adjudication Forms
The registration fee for the 45th Panther Marching Band Festival is $300. Online registration will open on March 1, 2022. Follow the link below.
2022 Panther Marching Band Registration Form
Registration deadline is August 30, 2022.
Checks for the $300 Registration Fee should be made out EIU and sent to:
Panther Marching Band Festival
Eastern Illinois University
600 Lincoln Ave.
Charleston, IL 61920
- Alton High School Marching 100 - Alton, IL
- Anna-Jonesboro Community High School Marching Wildcats - Anna, IL
- Belleville East High School Marching Lancers - Belleville, IL
- Belleville Township High School Marching Maroons - Belleville, IL
- Blue Ridge High School Marching Knights - Farmer City, IL
- Carbondale Community High School Marching Terriers - Carbondale, IL
- Carlyle High School Marching Indians - Carlyle, IL
- Casey-Westfield High School Marching Warriors, Casey, IL
- Charleston High School Marching Trojans - Charleston, IL
- Danville High School Band of Vikings - Danville, IL
- East Peoria Community High School Marching Band - Peoria, IL
- Edwardsville High School Marching Tigers - Edwardsville, IL
- Effingham High School Red Regiment- Effingham, IL
- Granite City High School Marching Warriors - Granite City, IL
- Herscher High School Marching Tigers - Herscher, IL
- Hoopston Area High School Marching Cornjerkers - Hoopston, IL
- Jacksonville High School Marching Crimsons - Jacksonville, IL
- LeRoy High School Marching Panthers - Le Roy, IL
- Lincoln Community High School Marching Railers - Lincoln, IL
- Maroa - Forsyth High School Marching Trojans - Maroa, IL
- Mattoon High School Pride of the Greenwave - Mattoon, IL
- Newton Community High School Marching Eagles - Newton, IL
- Oblong High School Marching Panthers - Oblong, IL
- Paris High School Beacon Brigade - Paris, IL
- Rantoul Township High School Marching Eagles - Rantoul, IL
- Richland County High School Marching Tigers - Olney, IL
- Robinson High School Marching Maroons - Robinson, IL
- Unity High School Marching Rockets - Tolono, IL
- University High School Marching Pioneers - Normal, IL
- Wesclin High School Warrior Marching Band - Trenton, IL
Spectator Tickets and Parking
- $10 for adults
- $5 for students/senior citizens
- Children ages 5 and under are FREE
- Tickets available on the day of the event. Cash or check accepted.
Complimentary Festival Programs are available here: 2022 PMB Festival Program
- Parking for the festival is FREE. Spectators can park in the stadium lot to the west of the stadium or the J lot to the north.
We hope you will join us for the exciting and spectacular pageantry of Illinois high school marching bands at O’Brien Stadium!
Why the Panther Marching Band Festival?
A well-maintained turf field.
Well organized festival with a welcoming and helpful staff.
Energetic environment that focuses on student success.
Judges from DCI, BOA, WGI, and the best marching directors in the nation.
High camera video of all band performances provided by EIU visual media free of charge.
- Panther Marching Band performances!
If you have any further questions, please contact Prof. David Boggs, Assistant Director of Bands and Director of Athletic Bands at firstname.lastname@example.org.