Panther Marching Band MEMBER FOR A Day
Saturday, November 20, 2021
The Eastern Illinois University Panther Marching Band & Division of Intercollegiate Athletics invite high school students in grades 10-12 to join us for the annual PMB Member for a Day on Saturday, November 20, 2021 at O’Brien Stadium on the campus of Eastern Illinois University in Charleston, Illinois.
This annual event is is an excellent opportunity to experience the game day performance and atmosphere of a College Marching Band. Students spend the entire day with the Panther Marching Band from our morning dress rehearsal - to our pregame performances at the Booth Library and President's Tent - to Halftime - to our postgame tradition at the Alumni Clock Tower.
A final schedule will be available two weeks before the game
- 7:30am - Registration at Doudna Fine Arts Center
- 8:00am - Welcome and Introductions - Meet Prof. Boggs, PMB Director, and the section leaders you will spend the day with.
- 8:30am - Rehearsal with the PMB at O'Brian Stadium - Parents are welcome to watch!
- 10:00am - Lunch
- 11:30am - Warm-up for Pregame Performance
- 11:45am - Pregame Concert at Booth Library
- 12:00pm - March to the Stadium / Panther Prowl - Join the ranks of the PMB as we parade to the stadium. Watch out though - this isn't your normal 'parade'!
- 12:15pm - Tailgate performances - Help get the Panther spirit going!
- 12:45pm - Pregame performance on the field
- 1:00pm - Kickoff - Join the PMB in the stands and cheer your heart out!
- 2:30pm - Halftime Peformance! - After Halftime you are welcome to join us for the remainder of the game or you can leave at this point.
- 4:30pm - Game ends - PMB ends game day by marching to the Alumni Clock tower in the center of campus for a special postgame tradition.
- There is no charge for registration, and lunch will be provided free of charge.
- Participants have the option of ordering a PMB T-shirt ($10), long-sleeve T-shirt ($20) or hoodie ($30) to wear for the performance.
- Tentatively, half-price game tickets - $10 - are available for family and friends. Since we are still under COVID-19 mitigation guidelines, final information regarding ticket availability and cost will be available closer to game day.
- Participants do not need a ticket.
- Let us know how many tickets you needs for friends and family on the registration form. Payment for tickets is due at registration on the day of the event.
- Tickets will still be available at the box office the day of the event, but will be full price.
- In recent years, Panther Band Day has grown into a very popular and well-attended event for area high school students. Unfortunately, for 2021 and beyond we need to limit on the number of attendees to the first 150 students who register, and students must now be in grades 10-12 to participate.
- To register, click the Registration Form Link and fill our the online form. Make sure you provide a working email address so we can send music and other announcements to you.
- Deadline to register is Friday, October 1, 2021.
- Band Day Online Registration
- For questions, contact Prof. David Boggs
- The Panther Marching Band Family looks forward to seeing you on campus this November!!