Are you thinking about attending Eastern Illinois University? We have created a checklist specifically for Veterans.
- The Office of Admissions can help you learn more about the University, plan a visit on campus, and assist you through the application process. Applications are accepted one year prior to enrollment.
- The application fee is waived for veterans when checked in the application!
- Service members should speak with their Educational Services Officer (ESO) or counselor within their Military Service prior to enrolling at the institution.
- Have official high school transcript showing graduation date and/or GED scores sent to EIU.
- Send official college transcripts sent from each college attended.
- Send official military transcripts to EIU for evaluation for possible course credit.
To be considered official, transcripts must be received directly from your school. We will accept electronic transcripts through Parchment/Docufide and e-scrip safe or as a .pdf attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org They can also be mailed to:
Office of Admissions
600 Lincoln Ave
Charleston IL 61920
ACT/SAT scores reported on the official transcript will be accepted as long as we receive all sub scores and test date. They can also be sent directly from act.org or sat.org
Financial Aid & Scholarships
- Complete Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), using last year's taxes, online after October 1 for the next calendar year at fafsa.ed.gov.
- Eastern's Title IV code for FAFSA is 001674.
- Apply for VA Educational Benefits.
After You're Admitted
- You will receive an email when you are ready to sign up for an Orientation day.
- Online and off-campus majors will be contacted by their department for advisement and registration.
- Attend an orientation day to meet with an advisor and get registered for classes.
- Contact New Student and Family Programs at email@example.com or (217) 581-6435 with any questions about orientation.
- Submit your Health History and Immunization Record to Health Services by August 1.
- Submit a copy of your DD-214 to Jenny Stout in the Veterans Benefits office.
Student Disability Services
- The Office of Student Disability Services is one of these support services that is committed to ensuring that their students have the necessary resources to be successful throughout campus. As a prospective student, accepted student, or even current student, you may have questions in regards to disability services. Please feel free to contact our office at firstname.lastname@example.org or (217) 581-6583.
- If you are planning to live on campus, you will be able to apply for housing through your MyEIU account.
- If you are planning to live off campus, be sure to plan your housing search early.