Prowl Leadership Teams
New Student & Family Programs is seeking well-rounded student leaders to participate in the development and implementation of EIU’s Prowl Programs (Orientation) as Prowl Leaders (PL’s). Prowl Leaders will play a key role in the transition of nearly 1,500 new students and their families by guiding and leading new students through their first weeks at EIU. Prowl Leaders will have the opportunity to build relationships, interact with university staff and faculty, and lead a team of peers. Individuals selected will serve as mentors and role models and be responsible for making new students’ experience during Opening Weekend and Prowl fun, eventful, and informative.
General Qualifications of All Positions: 2.3 GPA, good judicial standing with university, ability to stand on your feet for long periods, positive attitude, motivation, open-mindedness, and passionate about EIU!!!
- Spring Training (April 17)
- Training Retreat (April 21)
- Prowl Training and Preparation (Sunday, Aug. 12 - Wednesday, Aug. 15)
- Facilitate Opening Weekend (Thursday, Aug. 16 - Sunday, Aug. 19)
- Facilitate Prowl Events, including Prowl Booths (Aug. 17 - Sep. 14)
- Attend events and enjoy the fun!
- Staff Apparel
- Move into residence halls, Greek Court, University Court, or University Apartments on Sunday August 12, 2018
- Meals from August 12-19, 2018 (when Dining Services is open)
- Opportunity to develop leadership skills, build effective teams, and make new friends
- Be a part of an EIU tradition!
Please contact the New Student & Family Programs at 581-6435 or email@example.com if you have any questions.