New Student & Family Programs is committed to providing services for new students and their families. Eastern Illinois University views orientations as an ongoing and multi-faceted transition process, which involves academic, intellectual, civic, and personal development. New Student & Family Programs strives to provide supportive programs and leadership opportunities for all students.
NSFP Position: Graduate Assistant
This position is a 12 month contract and is offered as a two year assistantship.
Coordinate the orientation, transition and retention programming for nearly 1,500 new students and their families annually.
Responsibilities may include:
- The development and implementation of staff recruitment, selection, and training for 80+ students annually
- Facilitating prospective student events and programs
- Development and facilitation of orientation, transition, and retention programs
- Facilitating leadership programs
- Teaching classes
- Marketing and publication development
- Supervising staff
Preferred Qualifications for Assistantship:
- Undergraduate experience in orientation, first year experience, admissions, marketing, and/or publications
- Strong experience in student leadership positions (orientation leader/coordinator, peer mentor, student activities, residence life, Greek Life, etc.)
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with multiple tasks
Individuals interested in applying for a graduate assistantship need to complete the following steps:
Apply to the Graduate School: Click here
Apply to the Graduate Program of Choice: http://www.eiu.edu/graduate/
If a CSA candidate, apply to the program first and select New Student and Family Programs as an interest for an assistantship. You will be asked to submit your resume through this process.
All other candidates will need to apply for a graduate assistantship online through the Graduate School. Please email a resume to New Student and Family Programs along with the program that you have been accepted to and when you plan to start at EIU.
- Applications will be reviewed - Early February
- Interviews will be scheduled - Mid February
- Offer to candidate - No later than early April
Hiring Staff Contact Information
Tanya Willard, Director/Beth Dunahee, Assistant Director
New Student & Family Programs
600 Lincoln Avenue
Charleston, IL 61920